The Essex County Fire Chief’s Association is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director oversees the day to day operations of the association, administers member services and the various programs of the association. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. A job description is attached.
This is a part-time position requiring approximately 100 hours per month. Starting salary is $3000.00 per month with annual reviews.
Please submit resume with cover letter before September 15, 2015 to:
Chief Jason Gilliland
77 Humphrey Street
Marblehead, MA 01945
Question may be referred to:
Ronald Giovannacci, Executive Director
Essex County Fire Chief’s Association
The Board of Directors recommends candidates for the position of Executive Director to the full membership. Approval of the appointment of the Executive Director is required by a vote of the full membership of the Essex County Fire Chiefs Association.
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors through the President. The President of the Association shall supervise the day-to-day activities of the Executive Director. He/she shall report regularly to the board and the membership.
The Executive Director will achieve the goals and objectives of the Association as determined by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the operation of all programs and projects of the Association, under the direction of the Board of Directors. He/she shall serve as the facilitator of the organization.
The Executive Director assists the President in planning meetings of the Board of Directors, various committees and subcommittees of the Board.
The Executive Director will represent the Board of Directors on committees and sub-committees as directed by the BOD. He/she shall be an ex-officio member of all committees unless instructed otherwise
The Executive Director represents the association. When directed by the President, he/she serves as a spokesperson making public information presentations.
The Executive Director manages membership development and member services programs as described under “Membership Services”.
He/she represents the association as a functional liaison to other professional organizations-city, county, regional, state, and federal governmental organizations, councils, boards and committees as well as to the association membership.
He/she shall be the de-facto training coordinator for all educational programs of the Association.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. Serves on the Board of Directors as a non-voting ex-officio member.
2. Assists the Board of Directors and various committees in the development of sound organizational policies.
3. Assists the Board of Directors by bringing to their attention matters requiring new policy clarification or policy revision.
4. Reports activities of the Board to the membership.
5. Serves as the spokesperson for the Association in concert with the President.
6. Assists committees of the Association as advisor and resource.
7. Ensures the legal integrity of the Association.
8. Administers policies of the Association.
9. Executes contracts, agreements and commitments authorized by established policies of the Board of Directors.
10. Prepares regular reports on Association programs and services.
11. Informs the Board of Directors on the conditions and operations of the Association.
12. Executes other general responsibilities, as assigned by the Board of Directors.
1. Institutes and maintains appropriate financial and organizational controls and records as required. Works with the Treasurer and where applicable the outside accountant to insure the financial stability of the Association.
2. Prepares, with the assistance of the President and the Treasurer, the Annual Report and annual budget of the Association.
3. Exercises general control over the Associations business and budgetary affairs as defined by the Board of Directors and the Treasurer.
1. Assists with the development of membership expansion and retention programs.
2. Maintains membership records
3. Maintains membership networking and membership information services.
4. Oversee the website, in conjunction with the webmaster.
The Executive Director will oversee and administer all programs of the Association. He may designate members as needed to help administer these programs. At present the programs consist of.
• Foam Trailer
• Hose Test Trailer
• Hearings Officers Program
• Technical Rescue Team
• Zoll Tablet Program
• Speaker Series
• Control Points
• Training Programs
This is an ever expanding list and it is expected that the XD will guide new programs from inception to operational.
The Executive Director shall assist the divisions in an administrative capacity when requested to do so by the BOD or the division. He shall not be expected to be a liaison to the divisions, but shall attend division meetings on an occasional basis.
The Executive Director shall work closely with the Training Coordinator to insure the success of all training programs